Your contributions to Engineering World Health provide programs, training, and opportunity to help meet the health care challenges in the developing world. Every dollar helps further our mission as we work to mobilize the biomedical engineering community to improve the quality of health care in hospitals that serve resource-poor communities. We hope you will consider a donation that will impact a student, a hospital, or even a country! Make your impact today!
Your support for Engineering World Health enables you to be part of a team that brings better health care to people living in poor communities of the developing world. Your gift could:
- $50 – make it possible for a Summer Institute student to purchase supplies and make critical improvements to an EWH partner hospital.
- $100 – cover the entry fee for one university-based EWH Chapter to submit a design focused on healthcare technology in the annual EWH Design Competition.
- $300 – enable a Summer Institute student to grow by living with a host family in Central America and learning the culture.
- $600 – sponsor an entire EWH Chapter of globally-focused engineering students for one year to apply their technical skills and creativity to work for solutions.
- $958 – increase knowledge by providing local language training to a Summer Institute student in Central America.
- $1,858 – provide entry-level training for a developing world technician responsible for maintaining and repairing essential hospital equipment in Rwanda through EWH’s Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) program.
Memorial and Honor Giving
Celebrate the life of a friend, relative or colleague by making a contribution to Engineering World Health in their honor or memory. Please indicate the name of the individual you would like to recognize when making the gift and the name and address where you would like Engineering World Health to send a letter of acknowledgment.
Other Ways to Give
Let your friends know Engineering World Health is part of several other networks who give back to Engineering World Health. Have a percentage of your shopping go back to Engineering World Health by making purchases through iGive or have friends share that Engineering World Health is part of the Network for Good charity community.
Donation of equipment and supplies
Engineering World Health is not involved in donation of medical equipment to hospitals or healthcare facilities. We might be interested in receiving donations of medical equipment from time to time to fulfill specific needs at our partner educational institutions in conjunction with the BMET Training program. We are particularly interested in donated or low-cost equipment for test, measurment, and evaluation of medical equipment. If you are interested in making a donation of equipment to Engineering World Health, please contact us.
Engineering World Health was organized as a nonprofit organization in Memphis, TN in March 2002. In July 2010, EWH received its Certificate of Authority from the NC Secretary of State to transact business as a 501 (c)3 in NC and, in early 2011, became an audited organization. Our EIN number is 62-1868670 and your donations to EWH may be tax-deductible (please consult your tax specialist).