EWH offers 3 ways to become involved through affiliation and starting a chapter. By becoming affiliated you gain access to a library of teaching material, discounts on EWH teaching and activity supplies and the support, advice and connections an international NGO can offer. We take a personal approach to operating an international system of university based chapters and give student groups and professionals advice on any project they hope to pursue.
Visit the activities page to see details of what a chapter can do and the support EWH provides.
Details of each affiliation are provided below.
|Student Funded Chapter||For a small group or newer chapter. Requires at least 3 student affiliates and one advisor.|
|University Funded Chapter||For a large group. Includes addition benefits and unlimited number of members.|
|Professional Affiliation||Single affiliation designed for education professionals.|
Benefits and Costs of Affiliation
Affiliations renew on a yearly basis. Renewals are due by September 30th of each year.
Any student can be a member of an EWH Chapter and benefit from participation in Chapter activities. Students also have the option of becoming an EWH Affiliate through paying an annual fee.
Basic benefits of Student Funded Chapter. Cost: $35 per student affiliate.
- T-shirts for each affiliate
- No entry fee to the National Instrument Education and Test tools competition (click for more details).
- Eligibility for the EWH Design competition.
- Access to the EWH dropbox containing: STEM outreach curricula, design projects and Projects That Matter background, teaching materials and more (Click for details).
- Discounts on EWH Kits, Textbooks and other teaching materials.
- EWH support and advice on chapter activities including but not limited to: Design projects, STEM outreach, collaborations with local non-profits, equipment repair and donation preparation, testing and production of products, partnerships and projects abroad.
- T-shirts for each affiliate (shipping outside the USA must be paid by each student).
- Consideration for the Summer Institute Program.
- Consideration for Summer Institute Financial Aid.
- Consideration for travel awards to participate in joint activities with other chapters or service trips abroad.
Additional benefits for University Funded Chapter. Cost: $600
- Unlimited student chapter affiliates.
- $200 discount in the registration of EWH's Design Competition.
- T-shirts for faculty adviser and team, limited to 11 T-shirts in any one year.
- A hardcopy of the textbook: “Medical Instrumentation in The Developing World”, by Prof. Bob Malkin, Duke University.
- One free ECG Simulator kit upon request.
- Consideration for travel funding for chapter members to present at a conference or other event on behalf of EWH or the chapter. Up to three individuals can receive this funding in the given academic year to reimburse travel expenses incurred. Funding can be up to $125 per year for any individual, for a possible maximum of $375.
Professional Affiliation. Cost: $300
This is a single affiliation designed for educational professionals who would like to take advantage of EWH resources and the benefits of affiliation. Click here for more information.