To Start a Chapter:
- Find core members. You need at least three who will become EWH Affiliates (that is, pay the $35 student affiliation fee).
- Find a faculty adviser.
- Appoint a president, vice-president and treasurer.
- Pay affiliation fees: University-funded Chapter ($600) or Student-funded Chapter ($35 per student affiliate; at least three paid affiliates are needed to form a Chapter). Payment can be made electronically or via mail.
- Submit a Chapter Agreement and Chapter Roster, which can be done electronically or via mail.
- Plan activities in the first semester or first year. Be sure to contact EWH if you need ideas or support.
Students who join the Chapter are encouraged to become EWH Affiliates to qualify for additional benefits. Chapters typically raise funds or secure grants from their school to cover these costs and/or to support Chapter activities.
We encourage Chapters to seek University funding to assist with Chapter growth and to receive a package of benefits, which includes EWH affiliations for 10 students and additional support. We recommend that Chapter presidents discuss details of university affiliation with their faculty adviser.
EWH also offers professional affiliations designed for education professionals who would like access to EWH resources and benefits. Click here for details.