To form a chapter you need to:
- Find core members of whom at least three are EWH Affiliates
- Find a faculty advisor
- Appoint a president, vice-president and treasurer (all of whom should be EWH Affiliates)
- Submit a Chapter Agreement and Chapter Roster for approval by EWH headquarters. The Chapter Agreement is slightly different for student-funded and university-funded chapters.
- Pay EWH your fee along with Student Affiliation Application Form for each new EWH Affiliate
- Plan activities in the first semester or first year
Other students who become members of the chapter are encouraged to become EWH Affiliates in order to qualify for additional benefits. Chapters typically raise funds or secure grants from their school to cover these costs and/or support other chapter activities.
Chapters can select the university-funded option. In this case, the university or department pays an annual fee for a package of benefits, including EWH Affiliations for 10 students and reduced fees for EWH conferences and design competitions. We recommend that chapter presidents discuss details of university affiliation with their faculty advisor.