To Start a Chapter:
- Find core members: you need at least three students who will become EWH Affiliates.
- Find a faculty adviser.
- Appoint a president, vice-president and treasurer.
- Have the Chapter officers and the faculty adviser sign the EWH Chapter Agreement (e-signature or print, sign and scan).
- Pay fees; download payment instructions here. Affiliations fees are:
- University-funded - $600 for unlimited number of students, or;
- Student-funded Chapter - $35 per student (minimum of three student affiliates).
- Plan activities in the first semester or first year. Be sure to contact EWH if you need ideas or support.
Other students who become members of your Chapter are encouraged to become EWH Affiliates in order to qualify for additional benefits. Chapters typically raise funds or secure grants from their school to cover affiliation costs and/or to support Chapter activities.
We encourage Chapters to seek university funding to assist with Chapter growth and to receive an expanded package of benefits, including an unlimited number of student affiliations. We recommend that Chapter presidents discuss details of university affiliation with their faculty adviser.
For more details regarding benefits and types of affiliation, click here.
To submit your Chapter Agreement, Chapter Roster and payment through the mail, download and fill out the Chapter Agreement and Chapter roster. Mail with payment to:
Engineering World Health
302 East Pettigrew St
The Prizery, Suite 200
Durham, NC 27701