Our mission is to inspire, educate, and empower the biomedical engineering community to improve health care delivery around the world.
Engineering World Health:
- Provides students from around the world with the life-changing educational experience of repairing vital medical equipment in the world’s most resource-poor communities.
- In collaboration with local partners in Asia, Africa and Latin America, EWH creates locally-sustainable training programs for biomedical engineering technicians (BMETs).
- Engages the next generation of engineers through educational biomedical engineering kits, university chapters, and design activities to improve global health.
EWH believes we have a responsibility to stay true to these values:
- Ensuring a scientifically-based and creative educational experience.
- Leaving the communities in which we work with greater capacity than we found them.
- Empowering the biomedical community through intercultural exchange.
- Finding workable solutions through innovation and creativity.
- Serving while partnering with local educators, hospitals and clinics.
- Promoting self-reliance and capacity building.
- Providing challenge without compromising safety.
- Cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion and equity.